What does it take to make a website design exciting?
A lot of factors must come together to create a beautiful, rather unique layout for your website. There’re often one or more elements, you might need more frequently than others when designing a website.
Many of these elements used in designing a website might even be simpler to use. One such frequently used element is known as vector icons, and some great sites bring Free vector icons together for users.
Vectors icons are easily transportable and downloadable files and carry essential elements of a website. But, then it’s not just about all Free vector icons and their uses that can make your website or the logo on it look great, but there are other contributing factors too.
There’s more to designing a website than Free vector icons that we will discuss here for you in detail.
Chief Exciting Elements of a Website Design
If there is a website designing assignment on your table or a website to design for yourself, consider these points very critically to ensure you have created something unique and likable for others as well as for yourself. Also presence of free vector icons in a wide variety of sizes, can aid you to solve the purpose.
- Using plenty of White Space
White Space need not be white!
Indeed, you can utilize a lot of white space to your website’s favor when designing it. But white space does not mean a simple white space that is white, instead, it rather points out to a free space. Generally speaking, white space will act as a buffer when placed well between different elements of the pages.
- A lot of space in your site can go well with those who prefer the minimalistic approach.
- Again, using the right blend of white space can help your viewers focus on the most essential and crucial elements of your site.
- Overcrowding a site with a lot of information is not always the right idea towards building a site. This process will not only distract the user but also might detract them from where you would want them to focus.
- It can add to the site’s aestheticism as well.
- The design seems clear and precisely concise when white space is used in the right proportion.
- Adding background videos to the site
Storytelling does not come easy and telling a story with a video is almost always the best way to increase the visual appeal of the site. In this fast-paced life, stories are what people want to hear, and videos are what their eyes want to see. If the site has a background video, more intrigues come over to your platter with each visitor.
Adding a video that highlights your brand or company’s vision can be a great way to pull in more customers or more befittingly draw more and more visitors to your site.
Even videos about your product’s making and a tiny short story around your products can be a creative addition to your platform.
Several pieces of research have been done to study people’s choices of videos over words. One such research states that almost 92% of people love watching videos over written content. Among these, there are 43% of those would love watching videos around a product or service when planning to procure them.
- People coming to your website might not quite understand the words depicting your products but videos help build a greater understanding for your users.
- Adding the right videos can enhance your site’s appeal unimaginably.
- It can also help attract customers from far off lands, even make your site known globally.
- Even those with high profile jobs and short attention spans can catch up on a video faster than going through arduously written product descriptions and blogs.
- Using cards for a design
Cards for a design have been on the rise with the growing and ascending popularity of Pinterest. Using cards within your web page can give the user better freedom allowing them to read the cards that most interest them.
Even showcasing multiple products side by side can add to the girth of the site extraordinarily. But that cannot be done without placing the cards one aside from the other, and the picture cards are unanimously the only way to showcase a lot of your basket than what you can through words.
- The information present in these cards is in smaller chunks and it means highlighting multiple products together side by side is possible through them.
- Representation through cards does not consider the size of your website as all cards made can be accommodated in smaller websites as much as in larger ones.
- It happens to make your site cleaner and better organized than others and also sorts them into useful stacks increasing the visual appeal of the site.
- It brings more freedom for your customers since they can choose to see what they see easily with pictorial cards on display.
- Hamburger Menu
Hamburger Menu is another amazing alternative one can use to eliminate the busy visible navigation thus, increasing the user convenience level. Hamburger menus look like a hamburger, with several units of a menu stacked one upon the other thereby, setting the user’s direction.
- Usual long navigation menu panels can direct visitors more aptly but end up using unimaginably high screen space. Instead, using the hamburger menu can thereby provide a better scope.
- Going for the Vectors with Icons
Quite a new trend to adorn, vector icons can add a refined uniqueness to your site. Currently, there are a lot of sites that are giving access to the use of many Free vector iconsthrough their websites.
Downloading these files is possible in any file format: EPS, AI, or even SVG file formats. These all Free vector icons or even the paid ones are available as transportable files that can be carried across with absolute ease.
- Paid or Free vector icons add to the versatility of your site and make it more appealing for the audience. Vector icons can be anywhere, be it your home page or your product pages, and they can only increase the accuracy of your expressions.
- Using non-skeuomorphic designs
Simply put, flat designs do better than those that make the screen appear three-dimensional. Switching to flat designs is one of the safest routes towards building a more user-friendly website.
By adding a few shadows and appropriate dimensions in the right place, the site can be made visually appealing even when using the flat design style.
- Your content is easier to understand for the visitor when a flat design is in place. But it’s helpful if every page follows the same design cue, and that must be kept in mind when pursuing a website design.
- Using easily comprehendible images on the site
By using finer and distinct product images, many B2B sites are designing better and far more efficient websites. Responsive, high-quality, scannable images can make your site different and unique from other sites. Rightly toned, precise images of your products or their parts can enhance the understanding level of your visitor giving them the right perspective about your product.
- Most often, adding a featured image and several other in-depth product images can add more meaning to your site. When taking up to designing a new website the next time, utilize these patterns and ideas, you can only be amazed to know how well they can also enhance your site’s visual appeal.
Here’s a doable list that can be used by anyone desiring to build a website of a kind. Of course, there’s a lot more you can do when designing a site, but these are some quick ideas to make your site unique instantly.
Try each of these website design enhancing ideas, be it Free vector icons or a lot of white space, and you will see the difference they bring to your website, for yourself.